Translate

Saturday 6 December 2014

REPLICATOR 2 FIRST PRINT ( SORT OF )

Right then !

Here we go.

After multiple failed prints of my little figure I finally got to the bottom of the problem. There was nothing wrong with printer it was the model I had created ! ( quelle surprise )

I had merged all of the sub-tools used to create my figure but the internal geometry was still there so the machine was trying to print three objects in the same place and getting blocked up.

Got some help on what to do from the Zbrush forum and after dyna-meshing had a file that would print !

Whoopee. Ive been waiting ages to see this little fucker in the flesh.

So this is with the supports picked off and with a coat of high build primer.



 And this is him straight of the printer with supports picked off.

He's only 80mm tall and when I dyna-meshed I lost a lot of detail but i'm happy to see him for real !



And here he is on the replicator 2. Wasn't actually expecting the print to work so only managed to get this shot of the build about ten minutes from the end when I went to check and see how it was getting on !



Any way as usual I am stupidly busy on a new film so i'm sure I won't be posting every couple of days but i am definitely going to get a couple of bits done before christmas so keep checking in if ya wanna see more and how the clean up goes on  my little chappie. ( oo - er missus ).

Also if anyone one gets to the bottom of this post.......

Come up with a good name for him and i'll send ya one once i've done the resin casts.

Tutty bye for now.









No comments:

Post a Comment