Translate

Wednesday 11 September 2013

I want to kill a puppy !

Oh my good god.

I so very nearly lost my shit today. Got my car back today so turned up to work 3 hours late and £1200 pounds lighter in the wallet department. So that was me in a good mood to start off with. Any way all morning i'm thinking well it's up and running now so i'll set it up at lunch and print off the back plate for the pipboy 3000 ( it's a 3 hour print ).

As i still had the aborted print from yesterday on the bed  I popped it in the bowl of warm water as it says to do in the manual and waited for it to  " peel off naturally ". I have an hours lunch break. So when I was there with a scalpel trying to chisel the bastard thing off after soaking in repeated bowls of increasingly warm - scalding water I was getting the hump big time.

I duly set up the printer once I had yesterdays blob removed only to run out of time.

Ok, no problem. I'll get it running at afternoon break. It means i'll have to stay on a bit to see it finish printing but that's fine.

Afternoon break comes around. I know lets use the WiFi connection to load the file.

F**k sake you F******g  piece of f*******g s**t.  So that's afternoon break taken care of and no WiFi.

So now we are after work. The workshop is empty and I can concentrate on firmware updates and WiFi connections.

Without getting in to boring details the cube soft ware is very prone to unexpectedly quitting mid operation. 12 times in an hour.

Managed to get it running but it was gone past 8pm at this point so went for a smaller piece with a print time of 19 minutes.

Now I know i'm a novice but even I know that the rubber shroud around the print nozzle shouldn't fill up with Kermit snot, fall off  and cause the print bed to drop 10mm.

Cut to 20 minuets of boiling water and a scalpel to clean the bed and we are back in action.

No, not wirelessly. You trying to wind me up ?



Right lets do this again. Why not ? It's not like it's 8'30 at night  and iv'e been here for two hours is it ?


Holy crap it's printing. It's really printing ! Mum come look. Still loving the sound these things make.




So this is the printed scroll wheel finish ar 9pm.  It was going fine untill the last few layers when it seemed to start dragging the previous layers with it and messed it up. Don't know why that is.
Any idea's




Chow chow. x

2 comments:

  1. That is sometimes the result of incorrect Z-axis calibration (vertical steps too small, eventually the extruder head drags on the part).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Anonymous.

      I printed a part today that failed after three hours. It was looking good up till that point. When I reloaded the filament a tiny "O" ring came out with the filament.

      I dont' know weather it was supposed to be there or not but ten minutes before it failed we saw something black ( which I presume was it ) In the feeder tube and I think it might have travelled to the nozzle.

      I thought i would try a print without it ( although I did also clean the nozzle so it could have been that ) and it did a three hour print straight off with no drama's.

      Also my Z-axis is printing at .25 per layer. Does that sound right ?

      Many thanks again for the advice.

      Archie

      Delete