Translate

Wednesday 25 September 2013

God Damn It Leeroy !

Wan gwan ?

So had me a little longer exodus there than I was expecting.

The weekend was always going to be a write off as I was planning to do a lickle bit of boozing.

I did. It worked.

Cut to monday morning and hanging in rags only to end up prepping  on set for a big shot on tues.

1030 pm finish on mon and midnight finish on Tues.

Got in and managed to get to sleep about 130am only to be awoken by a yapping little bastard dog down the road.

All in after a boozy weekend and a hard grafting two days at work I think I got 2 hours sleep.

What's this got to do with 3D printing ?

Fuck all.

I just want some sympathy "bitches" !

Sorry about that last comment, been watching breaking bad.

Anyway back to the Pipboy 3000


This is with the components that I printed last week added and roughly cleaned up.

Have to say last week's prints were pretty shit. In the Cube you have the option to add supports and rafts so I tried it and every piece came out worse for some reason.

I managed to save them  but they were a bit poop.  I say a bit poop its still amazing that a glue gun on steroids has made this in a few hours ! it's just that I know it can be better.

That's the reason I'm looking in to this technology to see where it can fit in to my workflow in prop making.

Anyway these are the extra pieces with some basic ageing. You might notice it doesnt look as finnished as some of the bits did a few posts ago. That's because there is still a lot of weathering to do and i'm doing different pieces at different times.

I know. I'm impatient. So what ;-)


Oh yeah the Cube told me it didnt have enough filament to finish the last print I tried but I thought i'd give it a go ( told you I was impatient ! )  and not only did it finish the print it still has some in the spool although I have no idea how much as you cant see inside.

It has a chip in it ( that obviously isnt up to much ) and seems to be geared towards making you use there own filament  which cost's up to 10 times the amount of other filaments out there. Just the same as the old school 2d printer manufacturers i suppose.

Right I need to eat so here are some more shot's from today. Oh and I just put in GTA V. That's ok though isn't it ?

It's not like it's going to take over my life !








Night Night ! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment