Translate

Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Cube has landed.

Hell yeah ! It's here.

So at just after lunch this afternoon my 3d printer arrived. Whoop whoop. Unfortunatly we were up against it at work so he ( yes it's a he ) sat on a bench in the corner until we finished for the day.

Cut to six thirty and I went at it like a kid on christmas day....




Okay, so first impressions ? 

Somebody wants to be Apple don't they ?  A well designed bit of packaging for sure. Thinking about it I bet they have the icube patented anyway but you do look at that box and just want to graffiti the i on it.

Now if this was apple you would open the box to find a printer whose body has been machined out of a single piece of aluminium.

Not so the cube. Aah, bless  it's plasticky little cotton socks. 




Any way as my car is still in the garage I had a couple of hours to kill as I was waiting for my fiance to finish so set about getting it up and running. Pretty easy setup, really was idiot proof to be honest with you.

So I know I said I was going to print something original for my first piece but it's been a long day and the option of just smashing out one of the free files was to hard to resist.

Rook anyone ?

Only printed for about five minutes before I got my orders to leave but it was enough see it in action.

Did panic a wee bit when the start of the print just seemed to spread green shit around the bed but after a few passes it was starting to lay up.

One thing I wasn't expecting is how hypnotic it is I could sit and stare at that for hours i think. 
And the noise it makes as it prints does it for me as well for some reason.




Hopefully get it running something tommorow and see what happens. Thinking may a piece of the pipboy2000 as I can compare against my friends Ultimaker.

Chow chow for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment